camalie networks Wireless Agricultural Monitoring and Control
CS3 Quick Start Guide
1. Set up the CS3 gateway/base radio
- Find a good location.
- The ideal location is on an office window sill facing the closest node in the field. The best window is also close to a wired LAN/ethernet port or your router.
- Plug in a Cat5 eithernet cable between the gateway and your LAN
- Plug in the 5V/USB power supply to wall power and cable it to the CS3 gateway. Plug it into the USB power port on the same end of the gateway as the ethernet port.
2. Power up Nodes and verify their RF connection with the Gateway
- Open each node box and verify that the batteries are installed and charged. Popping a battery out and replacing it should generate LED light flashes if the batteries are charged.
- Watch the rssi LED in the upper right hand corner of the red arduino board for up to 2 minutes. This LED should light up for 5 seconds every 2 minutes if the node has a wireless connection with the Gateway. Data will be flowing to servers at Camalie Networks as soon as you see this LED light.
3. Place Nodes in the Field
- Mount each node to a 3/4" x 10' conduit pole using a stainless steel hose clamp. Cable tie the sensor pigtail cable to the pole every 18".
- Clamp the pole with node to a highway stake in the vineyard at the desired location. Install sensors in canopy, on irrigation system or in soil. Connect sensors to the terminal strip at the end of the sensor pigtail cable. For passive sensors connect one lead to the desired analog input and the other to ground.
- A0 White
- A1 Green
- A2 Black
- A3 Red
- GND Bare wire. x2
- Be sure you have the right shield and node firmware for the sensors you are installing. Not all nodes are the same.
- Node ZX-A has a shield with 4-10K resistors which supports Watermark sensors and/or temp sensors.
4. Go to the Internet and View your data
- Go to http://camalie.net/cgi-bin/drraw.cgi
- Login with username: user and password: You should have this separately from Camalie Networks call 650-799-6571 if not.
- Click on "All Dashboards"
- Find your Dashboard in the list and click "View"
- From here you can edit your graphs, add new ones, add graphs to your dashboard etc. This service is all free with your purchase of a CS3 system.
- For an interactive map of your vineyard and configurable alerts as well as backed up data base contact Camalie Networks for a CS3 Web Service Subscription.
- Note: There is also a duplicate copy of your data at http://camalie2.net/cgi-bin/drraw.cgi